Growlers and Grasslands
Time & Location
About The Event
We will gather at 9am at Utepils Brewing in north Minneapolis (near Wirth Park). From there, we will board the bus and head out to Crow-Hassan Park Reserve to see their high-quality prairie and the open country birds that live there! Once we are done, we'll head out for a snack and a beer at Wayzata Brew Works, before coming back to Utepils to sample their fine brews.
Crow-Hassan is one of the best locations in the metro area to see open country birds such as Eastern Meadowlark, Bobolink, Dickcissel, Orchard Oriole, American Kestrel, Henslow's Sparrow, Grasshopper Sparrow, and Vesper Sparrow. Be prepared for 2.5 to 3 miles of easy hiking on wide paths. Bring your binoculars!
The trip includes:
- Van transportation from Utepils. There is ample parking at Utepils for the duration of the trip. Utepils is easily accessible by bike from all directions via the Glenwood Avenue bike lanes and Wirth Parkway bike paths.
- Guided birdwalk at Crow-Hassan Park Reserve
- One beer at each of two taprooms. You are free to purchase additional beer or growlers!
- A snack or light lunch
- Coolers to store any growlers you may purchase
- Grasslands and Growlers$65$650$0